This is one of my favourite breakfasts. It’s so quick to whip up, satisfying and tasty. It’s so much nicer than the avocado on toast you get at the cafes and way cheaper!
EASY AVOCADO ON TOAST WITH SPOUTED LENTILS, BASIL, TOMATO, KALE & SILVERBEETSCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
Few basil leaves
3 cherry tomatoes-
2-3 kale & silverbeet leaves
1 tsp glazed balsamic vinegar
I tsp lemon juice
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
- Mash the avocado and add salt & pepper
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces
- Chop the basil leaves
- Mix the cut tomatoes with the chopped basil leave
- Cut the kale and silver-beet thinly and add the dressing
- For the dressing, mix the balsamic vinegar with the lemon juice
- Serve the avocado, tomatoes and sprouts on toasted whole grain sourdough toasts and salad on the side.
- You can replace the kale and silverbeets with salad vegetables you have in your fridge, such as rocket or spinach. You can use any type of sprouts.