Some days, it’s harder being on this whole food plant-based diet than others. You miss your sweet and tasty snacks and run out of ideas about what to snack on sometimes. This is a snack you could keep handy for the days you feel like having something sweet but not full of nasty ingredients, like sugar and butter.
I also find that this is a good snack to share with non plant based friends and relatives to give them an idea that food on WFPB diet can be as delicious if not more!
Coffee Flavored BrowniesCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
This recipe is tasty, bursting with flavour, gluten, oil and sugar free. It’s so easy to make and takes only 15 minutes from start to finish. Try it, you will not be disappointed.
1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
1 cup raw unsalted almonds
1 cup medjool dates (pitted)
½ cup apple sauce
1/2 cup raw cacao
1 Tbs Finely ground coffee
- Blend 1 cup walnuts and almonds in food processor till fine
- Add dates and apple sauce
- Add the cacao powder and ground coffee.
- Process until you get a dough consistency.
- Remove mixture and add the rest of the walnut, finely chopped
- Line a square cake pan with parchment paper.
- Transfer the mixture to the cake pan press down till flat.
- Place in fridge for about 1 hour and then remove and cut them into pieces and store them in the fridge in an air tight container.
- Place in freezer or fridge to chill before cutting. Store in an airtight container
- This will keep in the fridge for about a week and in the freezer for up to 2 months