Man rescued from chicken coop

Man rescued from chicken coop

At 5:55 a.m. on December 29, police responded to a call from a man who was trapped in a chicken coop in Stow. Police Chief Michael Sallese said the man was guarding his friend’s house and when he went outside to feed the chickens, the door closed and locked behind him, and the latch to open it was on the outside. Unfortunately, “he couldn’t get his hand through the fence, so he called for help,” Sallese said. “He said he was stuck for a while before deciding to call us. He was hoping a neighbor would hear him scream.” He wasn’t so lucky, but luckily, he had his cell phone with him.


Hungry motorists use the drive-thru lanes to pick up their food… but to pick up people? Not that much. But that’s the strange situation that developed at McDonald’s in bridge water at 12:15 am on December 18, when police received a call reporting an intoxicated woman at the drive-thru asking people to take her to the airport. The officer who arrived at the scene checked the area and found that there was no longer any problem, because the woman had been picked up for an Uber.


At 11:24 a.m. on November 4, the owner of a laundromat in water city He was keeping a close eye on a security camera when he saw a customer hit a washing machine and then hit the screen of a card reader, damaging both in the process. Police were able to identify the angry customer as a 28-year-old man from Lowell, and he was subsequently cited in Waltham District Court on one charge of destroying property for less than $1,200.


At 9:33 p.m. on November 30, water city Police were told a man walked into Best Buy wanting to buy a MacBook Pro but didn’t have enough money. According to police, the man told the sales associate that he asked someone he knew to bring him the cash he needed. The clerk then placed the laptop behind a customer service counter while the man waited for the money to arrive. Staff told police the man ended up hanging around inside the store for several hours, at one point knocking over a display. As the staff cleaned up the mess, they realized the laptop they wanted to buy was missing. Police learned that the suspect lived near the store, and when officers located him, he told them that he had given the laptop to someone else. Police gave him 24 hours to return the laptop before pressing charges, but he missed that deadline and was cited in Waltham District Court on a charge of theft of more than $1,200.


At 2:50 p.m. on December 7, wilmington Police were called to the Mobil gas station on Lowell Street because a customer was “putting stickers on gas pumps” there. Responding officers informed the person in question that doing so could be considered vandalism. According to the log entry, the customer agreed to “refrain from doing so in the future,” an outcome that satisfied the station owner.

Emily Sweeney can be reached at Follow her on Twitter @emilysweeney.

Emily Sweeney can be reached at Follow her on Twitter @emilysweeney.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *