Lasagna is possibly one of the oldest and tastiest varieties of pasta too. This ribbon paste that originated in Ancient Greece is shaped into wide, flat sheets.
It is a very popular dish in Italian cuisine that appeals to everyone with its rich, delicious flavors and heavenly combination of ingredients. It’s made of layers of cheese, meat, creamy and salty sauce, and, of course, pasta. Too many good things in one dish. Chaotic and amazing.
Simple Pasta Lasagna Recipes – Special Options at Savor It
Classic lasagna is super unhealthy, obviously because of its high content of cheese and carbohydrates. And that is exactly what makes it even more attractive and comforting. A perfect lasagna is layers of deliciously cooked meat packed between lasagna noodles oozing with marinara sauce and warm cheese bechamel dripping from the edges. A classic food-gasm on a plate.
Lasagna, like any other pasta, is an easy and uncomplicated dish to prepare. And it is everyone’s favorite, which makes it the best choice for a house party. Just when you think lasagna couldn’t get any better, let me tell you, it’s easy to serve, store, and reheat. So you don’t have to worry about leftovers too. You absolutely should give these easy lasagna recipes a try and you will definitely be wondering, “Why didn’t I try this sooner?” Let’s start with your new favorite comfort food.
Simple Lasagna Recipes for Your Savory Cravings
- Clean the chicken well and mix with 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of paprika powder, 1 tablespoon of pepper powder, salt and juice of 1 lime. Marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and, over medium heat, sauté the chicken pieces. Cook well for about 15 minutes.
- In another saucepan, heat water along with a little oil. Add 10 lasagna sheets to boiling water and cook al dente Strain them and rinse with cold water. Grease the sheets and arrange so that they do not stick together.
- Grease a baking dish and add a bottom layer of pasta. Add a layer of tomato pasta sauce and grated mozzarella cheese. Then add a layer of parsley covered chicken.
- Repeat layer until you reach the top of the pan. Bake for 7-12 minutes in a preheated 350F oven until cheese is melted and top layer is golden brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and then cut into squares and serve.
Spinach and Corn Lasagna
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and sauté 500 g of spinach. Cook until spinach wilts.
- Now add 1 cup of sweet corn, salt and 3/4 cup of grated mozzarella and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Heat some oil in a saucepan and add 6 minced garlic cloves and 1 minced onion. Once the onions are browned, add 2 cups of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of creme fraiche to the skillet.
- Add salt, 2 basil sprigs, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon mixed herbs, and 2 teaspoons sugar and boil the sauce for 3-4 minutes.
- Cook 6 lasagna sheets al dente and strain them. Arrange them and grease them so they don’t stick.
- Grease a baking pan and the bottom layer of sauce. Then place a sheet of lasagna and again a layer of sauce. Then add a layer of spinach and corn mixture.
- Repeat up to 3 layers and top with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 40-45 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 C.
- Cut 2 courgettes into thin, longitudinal slices. Arrange these slices in a strainer, sprinkle a little salt and leave to act for 30 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Add 1 minced onion and 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic and sauté.
- Now add 1 and 1/2 cups of pizza and pasta sauce to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons basil, 1 tablespoon oregano, black pepper, salt, and 1/2 cup crumbled cottage cheese to skillet and cook 2 minutes.
- Now rinse the salt from the zucchini and squeeze out the water. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the courgettes until golden brown.
- Now start with the layers. In a bowl, add the first layer of cooked lasagna pasta (similar to how you cooked it in the last recipe). Then add a layer of zucchini followed by a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat for another 3 layers. Bake for 10-15 minutes in a preheated 450 F oven. Garnish with basil and serve hot.
Take a look at easy pasta recipes to start a delicious dinner.
One Pot Stovetop Lasagna
- Cook 3 tomatoes in 1/4 cup water in a pot for 2 whistles and let cool. Once cool, peel the tomatoes and mash them into a paste.
- Heat a little oil in a saucepan. Add 1 minced onion and 2-3 minced garlic cloves.
- Sauté them and then add the tomato paste, a little sugar and salt to taste and 1 sprig of dried thyme. Cook for 15 minutes and reserve.
- In another saucepan, heat 2 cups of water along with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add 250g lasagna sheets to boiling water and cook al dente Strain them and rinse with cold water. Grease the sheets and arrange so that they do not stick together.
- Sauté 1 sliced green bell pepper, 1 sliced yellow bell pepper, and 1 cup separately cut broccoli. Season and reserve. Now we start to make lasagna layers.
- In a flat nonstick skillet, add a layer of sauce, then add a layer of pasta sheets. Add another layer of sauce followed by a layer of vegetables and grated feta and mozzarella. Repeat in the same order with the ingredients on the left.
- Finish until the ingredients reach the edge of the pan. Make sure the top layer is sauce, vegetables, and cheese. Cover with lid and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a wok and sauté 4 minced garlic cloves.
- Now add 1 chopped onion, 200g mushrooms (sliced), 1 finely chopped red bell pepper, 2 small chopped carrots, 1 sliced zucchini and fry for 10 minutes until tender. Then add the basil and reserve.
- In a bowl, mix the bechamel sauce (as needed), 100 ml tomato pasta sauce and 100 ml cream.
- Grease a baking pan and add the first layer of pasta sauce mixture. Then add a layer of lasagna sheet. Here we use lasagna sheets that do not need prior cooking.
- Then add another layer of sauce. Add a layer of roasted vegetables followed by cottage cheese and grated mozzarella. Cover with a lasagna sheet.
- Repeat the same for 2 more times. Top the lasagna with grated mozzarella and basil leaves.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 C. Serve after 5 minutes of cooking.
If you still think you might make a cooking mistake, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. For those trying these easy lasagna recipes for the first time, here are some tips to avoid making cooking mistakes.
Life is full of problems and the last thing you want is to miss out on the good things that come easily. So grab your apron and treat yourself to a delicious lasagna accompanied by a sour red wine because you deserve it.
Butter chicken without onion, yes it is possible!