After planning to make a homemade Hawaiian pizza for dinner one night, I realized that I had completely forgotten about the pizza base. However, I still had everything else on hand, so I decided to mix it up – I grabbed a box of penne pasta and a jar of RAGÚ® pasta sauce from the pantry and started cooking like a mother! By mixing the same flavors of Hawaiian pizza and adding it to the pasta, it turned out to be the perfect dish, and I had so much fun cooking up a storm with RAGÚ®.
As of that night, this recipe has officially become a family favorite in our house. Even better? It’s a great dinner for the kids to help out along the way. It’s about having it in the kitchen and having fun with it.
Hawaiian Pizza Pasta Bake
Makes 4-6 servings
- 16 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 2 24-ounce jars RAGÚ® tomato, garlic and onion sauce
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 20-ounce can diced pineapple
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 ½ cups crumbled bacon
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked penne pasta and pasta sauce.
- Add the ham, pineapple, onion, and bacon bits and stir to combine.
- Place the pasta mixture in a baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake for an hour at 350 degrees.
RAGÚ® knows that behind every family there is an incredible cook who serves her “winning dinner” to the next generation. For faster, more devourable recipes, visit Ragu.com.
Thanks to Melissa Johnson from Best Friends For Frosting for sharing this delicious recipe with us!